March 21, 2020
Hello again. I didn’t think I would be writing another letter so soon but a lot can happen in five days. We are having to change and adjust by the minute. We are adding some new policies and hour changes effective immediately. I am looking out for the health and well-being of my co-workers and hope you will understand. We can not keep up at our current pace without all of us being mentally & physically exhausted, and if you shop in a health food store, you know what stress does to the immune system. I am happy to say we were able to get some additional help from people affected by the shut down of restaurants, a win-win. And, we have been able to bag all of the produce, the case doesn’t look very pretty but the produce won’t be touched by many hands.
Here are the new policies until further notice and hopefully, the last rendition for a while. For the most up to date changes, visit us here on facebook or under the “News” tab of our website (you might need to tell Gramma & Grampa for us.)
Things to know when you shop at RRNF:
- We are no longer taking special orders, except for herbal/vitamin supplements.
- We are no longer able to accept returns, all sales are final.
- We are not accepting any bottle/glass jar returns. I believe you can still return bottles to CLYNK.
- Please do not shop with reusable canvas totes. We will bag your groceries in paper bags, the Freeport bag fee will be waived.
- We are reserving 9:00 am to 10:00 am Monday-Saturday for high risk, immune compromised customers only please.
- New Hours of Operation: Monday -Saturday we are open 9:00 am – 7 pm. Sundays are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Here are some things we are asking from you to ensure our health and allow us to continue to serve our community:
- Please do not come into the store if you are sick or have been in close contact with a sick person.
- If you are sick, please have someone shop for you or take advantage of our online grocery shopping, see rules above.
- We have disinfecting towelettes at our entrance, please use them before shopping.
- We are not able to provide gloves to our customers as we need them to do our job safely but a produce bag slipped over your hand works quite nicely.
- Please respect staff members personal space, especially if you need to cough or sneeze.
- Please leave space between you and the person in front of you at the register.
- Please help to bag your own groceries when able to help us move people through more quickly.
- And, last but not least, please do not congregate with friends in the store or have long conversations with staff. We love silly cat videos as much as the next person but we are stretched thin and are trying to limit contact as much as possible. Please shop, ask for help if you need to find something and proceed to the register.
I know this is a lot of new rules and changes but I am trying to ease the burdens on my co-workers as much as I possibly can. On another note, if you know someone who is living alone, please call them. Those people who are alone are REALLY alone right now and we can’t even give them a darn hug. Be kind, be thoughtful and be well.
Tina Wilcoxson, President/Owner